What if your discord mic stop working. Isn’t it irritating or annoying? Don’t you worry we have got your back? In this blog, we will be talking about the push to talk discord which will help you to figure out the Mic stuff.
The mic is used in discord to give voice message to your friends who are on your group or server. So it’s important that your Mic is working in order to give the message properly to your friends.
Fixes for Discord mic not working:
Basically, there are three ways to fix mic for discord. We will be talking about all 3 steps in detail. Aforementioned steps will guide you so follow the sequence in order to fix the problem related to the mic.
- Update your audio driver
- Reset the voice settings on Discord
- Quit Discord and rerun it as administrator
Fix 1: Update your audio driver
Sometimes when your audio driver is not updated or outdated it can cause such problem in Mic. That can be one of the reasons why your Mic is not working.
There are basically two ways to update the audio driver which is given below. So you have to decide which one you want to follow.
Manual driver update: First in the list is a manual way. You can update your audio driver manually by going to the manufacturer’s website for both your audio card and searching for the most recent correct driver. Be sure to choose only the driver that is compatible with your variant of Windows system.
Automatic driver update: Second way is to update it automatically. If you don’t have the time, patience or computer skills to update your video and monitor drivers manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct driver for your exact audio card, and your variant of Windows system, and it will download and install them correctly:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the flagged audio driver to automatically download and install the correct version of that driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Alternatively, you can also choose to update all the drivers.
4) Try to send an audio message on Discord to see if your Microphone works.
Fix 2: Reset the voice settings on Discord
Sometimes due to change of settings this problem may arise and hence you can rest the settings in order to push to talk discord problem fixed.
Follow the below steps in order to reset the voice setting on discord.
1) Click the Settings icon on the homepage of Discord.
2) Click Voice & Video, then Reset Voice Settings.
Fix 3: Quit Discord and rerun it as administrator
You can also quit discord and return it as an administrator. This will help you to fix the problem if the above 2 haven’t solved your problem till now.
1) Find and right-click on the Discord icon on your Windows task bar. Sometimes it’s hidden, just click the “Show hidden icons”. Then click Quit Discord.
2) On your desktop, right-click on the Discord shortcut icon and select Run as administrator.
3) Click Yes when prompted by User Account Control.
4) Try to send an audio message on Discord to see if your microphone works.
I hope you find these steps useful as it will help you to fix the Mic problem in discord which is of utmost importance. Keep following us on social media accounts in order to stay updated.