Discord is a great place for all tech geeks. You can chat or call like-minded people with the help of discord. In discord, you can also make groups and add like-minded people to talk in free time. Mostly all game freaks are there on discord who talk about their gameplay and stuff. In this blog, we will be talking about how to ban people on discord. You might be thinking that why we should ban people on discord. Let me tell you that whenever you make groups and all there might be some unwanted rabble which will disturb you.
So better to ban them which is known as IP ban. Ip ban helps to ban that person to enter in your server. Hence they are ban until you don’t unblock them. Unfortunately, discord does not provide any other feature to directly ban someone. First, let’s discuss the basic about discord ban.
What is discord ban?
Well, you might now about ban so discord ban is when admin blocks you from their group server. You will be no longer able to join the group until and unless they unblock you.
Blocking can be due to any reason and hence you should know how to bypass discord ban.
Why discord ban happen?
Discord ban can happen due to any reason. It can be due to the violation of certain rights of discord. Even if you haven’t done anything then also you can get ban if admin wants it. Though you will be able to join another group server quite easily.
You can also get a ban if you are using vulgar language on the group. Admin has full right to ban those people who are crossing the line.
How to ban people on DISCORD from server
As above we were talking about how you can ban someone using server. Please follow the below steps to know how to ban people on discord.
In order to ban someone from your Discord server:
- Launch Discord from either the desktop app, mobile app, or https://www.discordapp.com.
- Any browser is capable of launching Discord. The more popular choices would be Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge.
- You’ll need to sign in with your credentials to access the server.
- The login button can be found in the top-right corner of the screen if using Discord in your browser.
- Once logged in, select the server from along the left side of the screen. They will be listed there starting just below the Discord icon located at the top.
- Locate the user you want to ban from the server by clicking on the channel they are currently in.
- Channels are located in the main panel and consist of text chat channels with a # prefix or VoIP channels with a volume icon.
- You should be able to see the members who are in the VoIP channels just by looking in the main panel. To find members in text chat channels, you’ll have to click on them.
- Doing so will show you all members currently online (as well as offline) off to the right of the screen.
When you find the user, either in the VoIP channel or text, right-click that user’s name to pull up a menu. From the menu, at the bottom, you should see Ban (username). Left-click this to bring up another dialog box. The pop-up will ask you to confirm your decision to ban the user.
Click Ban to confirm and permanently remove that user’s IP address from having access to your Discord server.
Let’s talk about some FAQ about discord ban which will help you to understand more about discord ban.
Frequently asked question-related to discord ban
1- I will be able to join other groups if I have been ban by a group
Ans – yes, you would be able to join another server easily.
2- Can we bypass the discord ban
Ans- Yes, you cab Bypass the discord ban.
This will help you to permanently ban someone on discord to enter on your server.