DS4Windows is one of the best controllers from which you can play games on Windows/PC. There are always some bugs which revolve around when you connect the controller with your windows. There might be an error saying ds4 windows not working. In this blog, we will be telling you how you can fix the problem “ds4 windows not working”.
Some games are more fun to play when you play it with a controller. Be it the smoothness or gameplay a controller always add that extra fun to any game. Hence if you are finding some problem while connecting the controller to the PC this guide is going to help you for sure.
Steps to fix- DS4Windows Not Detecting Your Controller On Windows 10
1-Update DS4 Window
First and foremost update your ds4 window so that you can properly play the game with a controller. Please find the below steps to know how to update DS4 windows in case you don’t know.
- Navigate to the DS4 Windows file directory.
- Open the extracted file.
- Click on ‘’DS4Updater’’.
- Allow the application to scan for the latest version and download it if required.
- You’ll know the process is complete when the ‘’DS4 Windows is up to date’’ message appears on the screen.
- Close the DS4Updater window and relaunch DS4 Windows.
- Under the ‘’Controllers’ tab, make sure the device is detected and now appears.
2-Using the Device Manager
Follow the below steps to fix the problem using the device manager.
- Type Device Manager in the Windows search box.
- Open it.
- Click on “Human Interface Devices”.
- Find the “HID-compatible game controller” (there maybe two).
- Open it.
- Enable it
3-DS4Windows Error Troubleshooting
If none of the above 2 work then try to troubleshoot the ds4 windows error using the below steps.
Step 1: First, under the Settings tab is an option to hide the DS4 controller. This is useful if your DualShock 4 has priority over other connected controllers – such as an Xbox 360 controller – or if you want to make sure your DS4Windows settings have priority over Steam’s DualShock 4 configuration.
Step 2: If the DualShock 4 does not work properly while other input devices are connected, there is a button at the bottom of DS4Windows that you can select to connect the DualShock 4 exclusively, making it the main input source for games.
Step 3: The other file included in the DS4Windows installation, DS4Update, automatically checks and downloads the latest version of DS4Windows. Perform this operation from time to time to keep the program up to date, which will allow DualShock 4 to continue to work properly with your PC.
4-Make Sure DualShock 4 Controller Is Enabled In Device Manager
Sometimes the Dualshock 4 controller is disabled in device manager and hence that can be the reason behind ds4 windows not working. Follow the below steps in order to enable in device manager.
1-Open up DS4 Windows and make sure the DualShock 4 controller is plugged into the computer.
2-Next, right-click on the Windows Start menu to bring up a list of options and click on ‘’Device Manager’’ in the top half of the menu.
3-In the Device Manager window, expand the ‘’Human Interface Devices’’ option by clicking the right-pointing grey arrow.
4-Right-click on ‘’HID-compliant game controller’’ among the listed devices and select ‘’Enable Device’’ from the options.
5-Close Device Manager.
6-Return to DS4 Windows and the DualShock 4 controller should appear under the ‘’Controllers’’ tab.
5- Uninstalling and restarting the DS4 control unit
This is the last option which you can try i.e uninstalling or restarting the ds4 control unit. But it is for sure that if the above solution has not solved the ds4 windows not the working problem then this is probably going to work.
- Close DS4 Windows and disconnect your DS4 controller if you have not already done so.
- Press the Win + R buttons to open the Run dialog box and type Control Panel, then Enter.
- In the Control Panel, access the Hardware and Sound settings by clicking on them. Now click on “Devices and printers” above to access all the devices connected to your PC.
- Now reconnect your DS4 controller to your PC. It would display the symbol of a joystick, as shown in the figure below. Right-click on the icon and select Properties.
- In the properties of your DS4 controller, click on the Hardware tab at the top and double-click HID Compliant Game Controller to open the properties.
- Go to the Driver tab and click Uninstall Device. This process allows you to uninstall the game controller. Be sure to disconnect from your PC after performing the above steps.
- Open DS4 Windows on your PC and reconnect your DS4 controller. Your controller is displayed in the controller section.
I hope you read the above solution so that you can fix the problem and enjoy the game on your PC. Please be comfortable to post your query inside the comment box below.